Expat Tax Guide

Bona Fide Resident Test
US expats can qualify for the foreign earned income exclusions using the bona fide resident test if they reside in a foreign country for an uninterrupted period that includes an entire tax year and establish a residence in a foreign country.
Physical Presence Test
US expats can qualify for the foreign earned income exclusions using the physical presence test if they are physically present for 330 full days in a foreign country during a 12 consecutive month period.
Tax Home in a Foreign Country
To qualify for the foreign earned income exclusion, the taxpayer must have a tax home in a foreign country. Two terms all expatriate taxpayers need to know are ? ?tax home? and ?abode?
Foreign Tax Credit and Form 1116
If you are a US expat and paid foreign taxes to a foreign country on your foreign income, you may qualify to take the Foreign Tax Credit.
FBAR - Foreign Bank Account Reporting
We file the FBAR form for individuals who had above a certain threshold in a foreign account.
If you are an American living abroad, you need to know about The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). US Expat Tax Help explains how it affects your US tax return.
US Tax Due Dates
US Expat Tax Help provides tax due dates for US taxpayers. Whether you live in the US, are an American living abroad or are a resident or nonresident alien, it is important to meet all tax due dates to avoid penalties and interest.
Tax Law for US Expats
US Expat Tax Help provides Americans abroad relevant expatriate Internal Revenue Code (IRC) sections and Treasury Regulations.
Tax Rates
Tax rates change every year. Take a look at this year's tax rates.
Tax Problems
We're here to help you resolve your tax problems and put an end to the misery that the IRS can put you through. We pride ourselves on being very efficient, affordable, and of course, extremely discreet.
IRS Overseas Contact Info
How to contact the IRS from overseas. US Expats can call or mail the Internal Revenue Service from their international location. IRS service offices are located in 4 US embassies and consulates.
Record Retention Guide
Use this guide to determine how long you need to keep your tax and other financial records.
How to Pay IRS Debt From Overseas
How to pay the IRS taxes due from overseas. US expats sometimes owe the IRS money. There are several payment options to pay your US taxes from abroad.
US Totalization Agreements
The United States currently has 24 International Social Security Agreements also known as Totalization Agreements that help eliminate dual Social Security taxation and provide additional benefits for workers who have worked abroad.